Monday, February 1, 2010

Weekly roundup


If I had my way I'd make health catching instead of disease ~Robert Ingersoll

Can you believe it's already February?  While you ponder that question, here are a few neat articles I've found on the web this week.

Please, I don't want to hear about your post-pregnancy body.  You look fine.  It's our obsession with post-partum weight loss that's the problem.

In fact, our obsession with with health isn't a good thing either.  Let's stop worrying so much.

It's not that I'm worried or anything, but Amanda's been threatening her disciples with a fat caliper.  I like the false sense of security my scales give me! Maybe we can meet her half way and agree to look at our measurements instead.

Super oatmeal: breakfast of champions.

1982.  My mom and me in leotards and headbands, working out to Jane Fonda in the living room.  Good times.  Maybe we could do this together, but with better outfits this time.

Or we could just work out outside.  What a great business idea!

Now if you're looking for something fun to do this week, go ahead, get naked.  It's good for you.

(picture credit "Skating in Central Park" by Agnes Tait, Smithsonian American Art Museum via cliff1066)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails