Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Short on time


Today I literally had 20 minutes to workout and I still need to adapt my workout for my broken toe. This is the workout I came up with and I loved it!!! Why not try it and let me know what you think.

After a 5 minute bodyweight warm-up, I went to the smith machine where I basically did 10 x 10 squats with some fun exercises inbetween with no rest, here's how it looked:

10 squats (145lbs)
2 mins straight-arm plank
10 squats
1:30 mins side-plank right side
10 squats
1:30 mins side-plank left side
10 squats
8 chin-ups on Smith machine
10 squats
10 squats
35 tricep dips on bench
10 squats
2 mins straight-arm plank
10 squats
8 chin-ups on Smith machine
10 squats
25 incline push-ups with feet on bench
10 squats
1:30 mins cross-body mountain climbers

then I collapsed on the floor in a heap - it was good!!


now I know there are going to be people (or purists) out there who are shouting at me to get off the smith machine and I totally get their argument.  The natural movement of a squat is not linear, it has up and down movements as well as forward and back, the smith machine inhibits this somewhat. BUT at my gym there is no squat rack and I had a fun, effective workout regardless. If you are interested read this discussion group for more info on the problems with smith machines.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails