Thursday, February 4, 2010

More Tea Vicar?


I love my tea - I am British after all, and I really like any sort of tea!  Throughout the day I try to stay hydrated as much as possible, but sometimes, in the winter especially, I just want a cuppa instead of glass of cold water.  I try as much as possible to drink green tea - I not only find it delicious, but its also incredible beneficially for you.

Did you know?
Green tea has become a beverage superstar thanks to headlines trumpeting its health- boosting antioxidant, epigallocatechin- 3-gallate (EGCG). Emerging research suggests EGCG may improve endurance performance, reduce exercise muscle damage and increase fat burning during workouts.  Whole tea leaves that are ground into powder form, matcha green tea may contain the most EGCG. Green tea's antioxidants, called catechins, scavenge for free radicals that can damage DNA and contribute to cancer and blood clots.

Here are some other facts I found out:
  • It is used to treat multiple sclerosis.
  • It is used for treatment and prevention of cancer.
  • It is used to stop Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s diseases.
  • It is used to raise the metabolism and increase fat oxidation.
  • It reduces the risk of heart diseases and heart attacks by reducing the risk of trombosis.
  • It reduces the risk of esophageal cancer.
  • Drinking green tea inhibits the growth of certain cancer cells, reduces the level of cholesterol in blood, improves the ratio of good cholesterol to bad cholesterol.
  • It is used to treat rheumatoid arthritis and cardiovascular diseases
  • It is used to treat impaired immune function. .
  • Some researches show that, drinking green tea regularly may help prevent tooth decay by killing the bacteria which causes the dental plaque.


You don't even have to drink green tea, you can use it in cooking too. I even use cold green tea for my post-workout smoothies.

I also am a bit of a cup snob.  I love my tea to be a really great mug,  I think it makes it taste better.  Check out the cool cups here.

"ALSO stay tuned next week for my very first giveaway!!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails