Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Go Judy!! Go Judy!!!

(image from www.boxfituk.com)


Judy is now into week 5 of her personal challenge to lose the last of her baby weight and regain a feeling a confidence in her appearance.
I met with Judy on Tuesday morning to go through her new workout  (which is pretty intense) and to do measurements with the tape measure, scales and calipers.  She has had a rough couple of weeks personally, but despite this has made huge leaps forward, here are her numbers;

tape measure -  a total loss of 10.5cm.  6 cm of which were from her waist.  I think this is awesome, I am really impressed with this. She has totally lost her muffin top and I could barely pinch her stomach to do the skin fold test.

calipers - I wish we had done this at the beginning of the process as I know there will have been a huge drop in body fat.  Her numbers yesterday stood at 21.86%!! again really impressive.

weight - to date Judy has lost 6.5 lbs.  She really wants to see big numbers on the scales, where I am more impressed with the previous numbers.

read below to hear what Judy has to say.

Hi Amanda,
Just an update on how things are going.  Everything was going well up untill the first week in February when a very close friend of mine passed away.  Things went down hill.  My eating habits changed as I had little or no appetite.  Sleep.  What sleep? My workouts suffered drastically since I had no energy in me. All in all I felt really crappy. Things definately slowed down.
So as of yesterday I'm back on track.  I felt pain like I had just started excersing all over again.  But I like that pain because it makes me feel like I've worked my muscles.  However, something that I would really like to work on is this embarressing problem I have with peeing myself whenever I do certain excersies.  Sounds gross!  Ever since I had my two children, doing things like jumping jacks or skipping rope would leave me soaking wet.  You could bet I was always wearing black to the gym which made it less noticable and this way I could stay for the rest of my workout.  Do other people have this problem and is there a way to fix this?
I'm kind of down on myself because I haven't reached my final goal yet like I wanted to by this point.  But I'm still making progress.  I know I've lost inches and my clothes are fitting better and better.  But I think to help speed things up, I have to get my daughter off my boob that she still wants every night.  I heard that my body will retain body fat inorder to produce the milk that's in demand.
I'm going to do this!!!!! 
Judy


Its interesting that she talks about peeing during particular exercises.  Its a common problem for women after child-birth.  I have read loads of articles of the subject and the results are always different.  Kegels definitely help the problem, but it some cases it appears that stress incontinence is something that can only be fixed by surgery, depending on the severity of the problem.  Has anybody else any thoughts on this?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails