Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Canadians are getting flabby and fat!

and thats official!!
I was listening to a radio report on the CBC today, produced by Statistics Canada surveyed over 5,000 Canadians across the country, ranging in age from 6 - 70.
As part of the study, researchers took direct measurements, such as:


- Body measurements, such as waist circumference and body fat distribution.
- Cardio-respiratory fitness, including aerobic fitness as measured in a stepping test, and heart rate.
- Musculoskeletal fitness, such as grip strength and the ability to do partial curl-ups.
- Blood pressure.
The figures are pretty shocking, but not totally surprising to me. And I am sure the same numbers would show up across the globe.  I remember reading recently that Australians are the fattest people in the world - thats not what I remember from Home and Away!!

1 comment:

  1. No surprise to me, just look around. Maybe when the world starts running out of food, we will start to get healthy again!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails