- It was Mothers Day here in North America yesterday, and to my surprise my husband and kids bought be a beautiful necklace from Citrus Silver, etched with both my boys names. The jewellery sold on this website is so unique and well made, you will love it.
- Citrus fruits are rich in vitamin C content, acidic content and are good sources of minerals, carbohydrates and fibers.
- They also contain essential nutrients like calcium, copper, folate, potassium, magnesium, niacin and vitamin B6 required for the proper functioning of the body.
- Grab an orange, these have been attributed to a wide array of phytonutrients that function as antioxidants, including flavanones, anthocyanins, polyphenols, and vitamin C.
- Citrus peel contains beneficial compounds such as polymethosxylated flavones (PMFs) and d-limonene that have been found to lower cholesterol, balance blood sugar, and activate liver detoxification.
- In Chinese cuisine, orange peel is often served as an accompaniment to red meat. The reason for this is that, according to Chinese medicine, orange peel aids in digestion of rich, fatty foods.
- Most people link oranges to vitamin C, but they are also high in folate. Folate is believed to play a role in the creation of serotonin -- the brain's happy chemical.
So grab yourself an orange today or maybe grab yourself some silver Citrus instead!