Thursday, April 22, 2010

Zico Coconut Water


I was in my local bulk store at the weekend and spotted Zico Premium Coconut Water, on offer for $1!! So I purchased a couple of cartons for a little taste test of my own.  I have been feeling pretty crappy since coming back from the UK, a combination of being hit with allergies and just feeling toxic from all the naughty food I ate!

I have previously written about coconuts and their amazing properties - but had never actually drunk the water as a sports drink.  It is naturally produced and has zero fat, is a great source of magnesium, potassium and other natural electrolytes and has a low ph acidity level.

Taste?  Its delicious!! I tried the Original and Mango flavours. Really refreshing and light. Definitely a product to have in the fridge to add to your post-workout smoothies or even cure a hangover!!

8 comments:

  1. No way ... IRN BRU is the way to cure a hangover

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tried Zico and I believe that Vita Coco has a better and less metallic taste. It also comes in better flavors too, try the pineapple. You seriously won't regret it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the poster above, Zico is made from concentrate while Vita Coco is not. Vita Coco definitely tastes better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I prefer vita coco too. It's all natural and much healthier for you than other coconut waters. It also comes in a variety of flavors which is nice to be able to mix it up a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. vita coco or wate/ gatorade... hmmm what to choose.... well if you want something light and not too sweet but super healthy for you... vita coco.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails