Friday, April 23, 2010

Happy St Georges Day



Today is the National Day of England - St Georges Day!

Who was St George?
St. George is the patron saint of England. His emblem, a red cross on a white background, is the flag of England, and part of the British flag. St George's emblem was adopted by Richard The Lion Heart and brought to England in the 12th century. The king's soldiers wore it on their tunics to avoid confusion in battle.

Like England, every country in the UK has its own patron saint who in times of great peril is called upon to help save the country from its enemies.


Here are some other interesting articles from the weeks news;


As usual I continue to be inspired by people climbing big high things - but this guy really is Potty!!
Coming back to Toronto has also brought me back to my dreaded allergies, which are fairly new to me, I never suffered from them in the UK (different trees maybe?) But don't these invisible enemies looks cool?



I need some new trainers for the gym, these are quite fancy don't you think!

I love to cook, but I won't be able to buy this book. While drinking this coffee - YUK! I don't think so.


And finally, talk about the adverse effects of using gym equipment, the most notorious gangster in Australia has been found dead, beaten to death my a piece of an exercise bike.


Have a good weekend folks, and raise a beer to celebrate my country's national day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails